Installed Dionaea

Woosh.. Finally installed Dionaea honepot on Ubuntu 10.1. It took 1 hour to install everything.. Despite having heavy dependencies it installed in very smooth manner. Surprised to see installing on linux without errors, I never had luck in the past. Unfortunately here too.

Libev package specified in the installation manual refers to 3.9 version, however it has released 4.01 and found at the specified location

wget http://dist.schmorp.de/libev/libev-3.9.tar.gz

I have installed 4.01. Finally when dionaea set up was installed, it failed to install giving lot of errors stating many undefined references to ev_***
When checked with ./configure output, libev was specified as “no”

When I found manually and installed, It worked. Great..Kudos to dionaea team to make perfect install routines.

It has opened many vulnerable ports, I am waiting for hits…

Advertisements

About wikihead

A security freak
This entry was posted in security and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s